- Shopping malls
- Grocery stores
- Hotels and motels
- Banks, post offices and other places of business
- Libraries, parks, and other public facilities
- Parking lots, sidewalks and walkways
Injuries from slip and fall accidents may be minor, or they can lead to lifelong disabilities that have a devastating impact on the victim and his family. Common slip and fall injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
A building owner has the legal responsibility to maintain his property so it is safe for visitors, guests or customers. If a property owner fails to meet that responsibility and his negligence results in a dangerous condition that causes injury to a visitor, guest or customer, then he may be held liable for that injury. If it can be proven that the property owner’s negligence caused or contributed to the injury, then the injured person has the right to seek compensation for their injuries and associated losses.
Damages from slip-and-fall accidents may include:
- Medical care for injuries
- Rehabilitation for injuries
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent physical disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of family and social or educational experiences
- Emotional and psychological damages
In order to seek damages, the victim must be able to prove that the property owner was negligent. He must be able to show that:
- The injury was caused by a dangerous condition at the property.
- And, one of the following is true.
- The property owner knew about the dangerous condition that caused the accident and did not do anything to fix it.
- The property owner should have known about the dangerous condition that caused the accident and should have taken steps to fix it.
- The property owner created the dangerous condition that caused the accident.
If you have suffered a serious injury as the result of a dangerous condition on someone else’s property or place of business, you have rights. Contact Chester Law Group to learn if you have a case and how we can help you get the compensation that you are entitled to. Call 800-218-4243 to schedule a FREE consultation with a personal injury attorney.